Unix & Storage Cloud Engineer (Hybrid)
Syracuse, NY 13210 US
UNIX & STORAGE CLOUD ENGINEER NEEDED IN SYRACUSE, NY
The primary responsibility of the Unix and Storage Cloud Systems Engineer is the administration of on and off-premises cloud and object storage.
- Administration and support of all supported Unix and Linux OS implementation, and the installation, setup, technical operation, and system administration of all enterprise storage systems.
- Will provide direct technical support for the planning, coordination, programming, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to Unix/Linux operating system software, and the range of applications and tools that support the testing and production environments relating to Unix/Linux computing.
- Ensures stable performance of the Unix/Linux environment through performance monitoring and tuning, and ensures systems maintenance of Unix/Linux and all related systems.
- Plans and implements major software upgrades, ensuring change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed.
- Duties include full life cycle storage area network (SAN) administration, architecture, and support, including storage utilizations/capacity planning and adjusting storage requirements.
- Designs modifications and changes to the SAN infrastructure and assists in the implementation and documentation of all configuration changes.
- Evaluates new technologies and architecting solutions.
- Performs daily enterprise activities including management, zoning, provisioning, troubleshooting, and debugging.
- Provides status reporting (availability, performance capacity utilization) as required.
- Builds partnerships with project teams and works closely with internal and external customers and vendors to provide detailed analysis and trending of storage usage, ensuring that support expectations are maintained/exceeded, including planning of new or upgraded SAN and storage equipment.
- Uses storage management tools to discover, monitor, provision, and report on the storage infrastructure.
- Participates in root cause analysis for significant problems and suggests clear recommendations for improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and six (6) years of related experience OR Associate's degree and eight (8) years related experience required.
- Experience with administration of block and file storage, storage area networks, and Unix and Linux systems preferred.
- Experience administering cloud and object storage platforms preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Veritas NetBackup, Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Python and shell scripting, Apache, Pure Storage, Dell/EMC Storage, and Brocade Fibre Channel networks preferred.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and proven customer service skills desired.
- Experience with Windows servers and VMware a plus.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT JOHN BERARDI AT 315-449-1838 OR JBERARDI@ISSITECHPROS.COM
Must be permanently authorized to work in the US or a US citizen to apply
Please no 3rd parties or C2C
We are unable to sponsor at this time.