The Safety Manager ensures that housekeeping, safe operating procedures, and a healthy work environment are communicated in the workplace according to OSHA guidelines and company policies.
- Ensures that monthly departmental safety inspections and audits are conducted to monitor if proper safety measures are being utilized.
- Ensures that new and modified equipment safety signoffs (risk assessments) are comprehensive and complete.
- Maintains fire protection systems and trains plant emergency personnel in firefighting and emergency response procedures to reduce potential business interruption.
- Schedules required drills (emergency evacuation, severe weather, etc.), industrial hygiene testing, etc., ensuring compliance to all regulations.
- Ensures that all operations are conducted within OSHA guidelines.
- Actively participates, and in some cases leads, plant Safety Committees, incident investigations, employee suggestion responses and implementations, shop floor conversations, and multi-site safety committees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications)
- BS degree required; Environment Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene
- 8+ years of experience with safety, fire systems, emergency response, and industrial hygiene. Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proficient understanding of behavior-based safety.
- Proficient computer based skills including database, spreadsheet, word processing and presentations.
- Experience in technical and awareness level training program development and delivery preferred.
- Strong communications / people skills.
- Required: Graduate Safety Professional (GSP)
- First Aid/CPR or Certified OSHA instructor a plus.
ISSI Technology Professionals
500 Plum Street, Suite 410, Syracuse, NY 13204