Disaster Recovery Engineer (Hybrid)
Syracuse, NY 13210 US
DISASTER RECOVERY ENGINEER NEEDED IN SYRACUSE, NY
The primary responsibility of the Disaster Recovery Systems Engineer will be the development and maintenance of IT enterprise disaster recovery and business continuity policies and procedures.
- Installation, maintenance, and operation of the enterprise backup environment, with a focus on ransomware protection and disaster recovery preparedness.
- Performs periodic reviews to confirm or update DR requirements for all systems, performs business impact analyses, and leads and coordinates disaster recovery and business continuity design and planning.
- Responsible for disaster recovery documentation and will perform risk assessments and mitigation steps.
- Ensures data protection strategies meet RPO and RTO targets.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and four (4) years of related experience required.
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise backup solutions, disaster recovery, system administration skills and/or Enterprise Storage administration skills.
- Strong documentation, communication, analytical, interpersonal, and customer service skills required.
- Experience with Veritas NetBackup, Windows server, VMware, Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Python and shell scripting, Apache, Pure Storage, Dell/EMC Storage, Brocade Fibre Channel networks, and Cisco network equipment preferred.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT JOHN BERARDI AT 315-449-1838 OR JBERARDI@ISSITECHPROS.COM
Must be permanently authorized to work in the US or a US citizen to apply
Please no 3rd parties or C2C
We are unable to sponsor at this time.