Network Administrator (Onsite)
Utica area, NY 13413 US
In this role you will be responsible for Installing, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, and monitoring Local Area and Wide Area Network equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong understanding of all aspects of wireless devices, routers, and switches.
- Strong understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP, OSPF, and EIGRP.
- Experience with the installation and configuration.
- Experience with Fortinet firewalls, Aruba/HP switches, and Aruba wireless.
- Experience with the installation and configuration of firewalls and firewall rules.
- Experience with content filtering solutions. (e.g., Sophos)
- Experience with APC/UPS technologies.
- Experience with Avaya IP Office.
- Occasionally required to work evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advance notice.
- On-Call responsibilities.
- Ability to setup and maintain VPN connections.
- Experience with the use of WEB filters.
- Ability to create reports of network traffic and usage.
- Knowledgeable in QoS and VoIP technologies.
- Strong understanding on network security and how to implement safeguards.
- Good working knowledge of Aruba Products, Dell SonicWALL, and Sophos.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as Engineering or Computer Science required
- Associates degree with 2 years of additional work experience in a related field or High school with an additional 4 years of work experience in a related field may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Certifications desired: CompTIA Network+, Security+, Cisco CCNA, Aruba, and Fortinet.
For additional details please contact John Berardi @ 315-449-1838 OR via email at email@example.com