ServiceNow Engineer (Remote - Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Utica)
ROCHESTER, NY 14647 US
This position is not eligible for employer-based visa sponsorship.
The ServiceNow Engineer provides support for all Service Management systems, tools and environments, includingthe administration and development of the ServiceNow ITSM tool and environments. The ServiceNow Engineer will be responsible for configuring, administering and scripting the ServiceNow ITSM tool.
- Maintains data integrity in key existing ServiceNow modules including Incident, Problem, Change, Users, Request, and any other related or custom modules.
- Maintains established system integrations between ServiceNow and various other appliances.
- Expertly troubleshoots and maintains existing ServiceNow Workflows, UI Policies, Business Rules, Client Scripts, Catalog Scripts and any other related scripts.
- Creates, documents, and maintains basic Requests, Forms, Workflows, and related scripts within ServiceNow
- Monitors and troubleshoots capacity, performance and availability issues in the software environment.
- Builds service requests from customer requirements including requests, request items and tasks using workflows to manage data flows from the customer to the support teams providing the service.
- Performs technical validation and testing to ensure requirements are satisfied.
- Facilitates creation and testing of future state processes and script developments.
- Loads, manipulates and maintains data between ServiceNow and other systems; performs scheduled cloning operations.
- Performs coding and moving changes across platforms (dev/test/prod).
- Escalates to vendor for defect and incident resolution as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field (or four additional years related work experience in lieu of bachelors).
- Five years related work experience (i.e. technical experience with concentrated knowledge in one or more areas).
- Minimum 1 year experience with ServiceNow Fuji release.
- Experience in installation, configuration, version upgrades and providing application administrator support.
- Experience with monitoring tools, load balancing and high availability options.
- Experience in troubleshooting and being accountable to application end users.
- Knowledge of ITIL process framework - Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Change Management & Service Level Management.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow core application UI and workflow configuration, report development, integration components (e.g., LDAP, SSO, etc.).
- Familiarity with client side and server-side scripting.
- Discovery: understanding server administrative tasks, basic networking, and firewall configurations.
- Intermediate understanding of Java JAR development for the ServiceNow MID Server.
- Selected ServiceNow certifications.
- Eight years related work experience.
- Selected ServiceNow certifications.
- Expert level understanding of client side and server-side scripting business rules, script actions, server-side APIs, etc.
- Expert level understanding of Java JAR development for the ServiceNow MID Server.
- Experience with Orchestration.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory/LDAP integration with ServiceNow.
- Configuration/Customization of the ServiceNow system, including creating workflows.
- Advanced hands-on experience with development and customization of the ServiceNow Enterprise service management application.
- Strong leadership skills to effectively mentor and lead junior level personnel.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills for design, creation and testing of complex systems.
The annual salary range for this position is $92,000 - $115,000 depending on experience
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT JOHN BERARDI AT 315-449-1838 OR JBERARDI@ISSITECHPROS.COM
Must be permanently authorized to work in the US or a US citizen to apply
Please no 3rd parties or C2C
We are unable to sponsor at this time.