Sr. Communications Engineer (Hybrid)
Syracuse area, NY 13212 US
Senior Communications Engineer
Direct Hire - This is a hybrid position located in Syracuse, NY.
The Senior Communications Engineer is responsible for engineering, configuring, testing, troubleshooting, and maintaining all network and telecommunication systems.
- Participation in the daily upkeep and administration of the companies' IT infrastructure, network, and telecommunication systems. Accountable for performing tasks, analysis, and diagnosis of highly complex network, voice, E911, Contact Center, and IVR applications.
- Design, plan, and implement advanced network and telecom solutions, call flows, IVR's, IVA's, E911 services, click to call, and chat.
- Serve as the primary technical lead for Infrastructure and Network Services regarding Internal & External Audit activities.
- Analyze and monitor communication system and network capacity and performance for upgrades and expansion.
- Implement and maintain Disaster Recovery Infrastructure.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation and procedures for all implemented and maintained Network and Communication systems.
- Five years to eight years of similar or related experience.
- A bachelor's degree, or (2) achievement of formal certifications (e.g. information technology certifications in lieu of a degree).
- 10+ years of Windows Server Implementation / Engineering experience in an Enterprise environment required.
- 10+ years of experience in network design, implementation, support, and training required.
- 10+ years of experience in large-scale Enterprise phone system support.
- Microsoft Teams, AudioCodes SBC, AudioCodes OVOC, SmartTap administration experience or certification preferred.
- Microsoft MCSE, Cisco CCNA, Cisco CCNP certification preferred.
For additional details please contact John Berardi at 315-449-1838 OR via email at email@example.com