Systems Administrator (Onsite)
Syracuse area, NY 13214 US
Direct hire. Enterprise environment.
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining a stable corporate data center by monitoring and performing administration and maintenance on a daily bases. Assist Technology Support staff with issues that need to be escalated. Assist in the backup and recovery operations of application systems.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Windows server systems and virtualized datacenter infrastructures using primarily VMware. Hyper-V and AHV a plus.
- Provide advanced technical support of various software systems, including Active Directory, VMWare, core banking and ancillary products, etc.
- Provide advanced system hardware and/or software support of servers, PC's, ATM s and printers to all administrative centers and branches.
- Provide advanced support for Citrix environment including version updates, image creation, application deployment, extended troubleshooting, on-prem and cloud systems integration.
- Provide advanced support of system operations at administrative and regional operations centers and branches by monitoring systems for performance and stability.
- Manage projects of new server hardware and software installations and upgrades.
- Assists with backup and recovery requirements of the Data Center, administrative/regional operations centers, and Azure cloud operations.
- Produces management reports detailing project status and prepares system documentation to turn over to Technical Support on completion of the project.
- Provide system troubleshooting such as server and connectivity problems along with software performance problems interacting with network administration as required.
- Research, recommend, deploy and administer monitoring, orchestration and automation tools of the Data Center, administrative/regional operations centers, and Azure cloud operations.
- Set-up and configuration of new hardware and software to the specification needed for various departments, administrative/regional centers and branches.
- This position requires minimal travel to remote locations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field or equivalent experience required.
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other system or network related fields are a plus.
- Cloud administration experience with Azure or AWS is preferred, along with scripting, orchestration and automation tools.
- Must have a valid drivers' license.
For additional details please contact John Berardi at 315-449-1838 OR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org